Category: Massage Posted: 19 Jun 2018
Posted: 19 Jun 2018
With hundreds of mobile massage therapists working all over London, finding a massage therapist near you should be easy. But of course you want a good one. Finding a good masseuse who is not only experienced and reliable but also has great empathy can be a little more tricky. That's where we come in.
Whether you simply need some time out with a relaxing massage or have suffered an injury and need a sports massage, the last thing you probably want to do is travel to get it. If you are in London you have many options for where and how to get your massage. So the next time you are thinking "is there a massage near me?" consider these three options.
When looking for a massage near you in London, remember that as well as travelling to a local spa, you could turn the tables and request a therapist travel to you instead. This is known as mobile massage in London. This way you can receive your massage so close to you, that in fact it will be in your very own home or hotel room. Yes, you can get a massage at home!
Mobile massages is what we specialise in. We deliver high quality massages to the comfort of your own home or hotel room in as little as one hour from now. We believe that as well as the ultimate convenience factor (what could be nearer to you than where you are already?) our mobile massage service offers some wonderful extra benefits. And if the weather is good, remember you can even ask for your treatment to be done outside in the garden or balcony!
Some of the most popular areas of London where many mobile massage therapists operate and can arrive at homes or hotels within 60 minutes are: North London (Camden and Hampstead in particular), East London (including Canary Wharf), Kensington, Chelsea and Victoria. Further afield the most popular parts of Greater London for home visit massages are: Croydon, Wimbledon, Clapham, Richmond and Heathrow. Popular tourist spots for getting mobile massage therapists to visit hotel rooms are Tower Bridge, Covent Garden and many other areas in the West End.
1. Book an appointment from the comfort of your armchair in few minutes and relax at home before, during and after your treatment ends.
2. Enjoy a massage delivered to you in the comfort and cleanliness of your own home or hotel room and with your own preferred settings.
3. View therapist profiles, select your favourite therapist in advance and even have them with you in as little as one hour using the Massage Me Now service.
1. To get the most out of your massage, you have to spend a few minutes preparing your room in advance.
2. You will be the one to tidy up after the massage. However, this usually simply means tossing a couple of sheets and towels in the wash and then sitting back much more relaxed after your great treatment.
Depending on which part of London you are in, the available therapists will vary. We have specialist massage therapists who cover in North London, East London, West London and South London as well as some further away areas such as Croydon, Wimbledon and Heathrow.
Traditionally this was the only option available to most Londoners. We would have to search for a local spa or beauty salon, telephone them, make an appointment and then travel to wherever they are based to receive the massage.
1. If you happen to be passing by a local spa when you feel like a massage, you can simply pop in and get one (if they have availability).
2. Some London spas (but beware not most) have highly luxurious surroundings and can offer a whole relaxation experience during your visit. Soft robes, slippers, herbal teas and fruits, saunas and chill-out rooms. You can therefore not only receive a massage treatment but also enjoy other relaxation related elements whilst you are there - this is known as a ‘Spa Day’.
3. Some very simple beauty salons exist which are sparse in many respects but offer very cheap massages.
1. You usually need to book at least one day in advance. This is especially true for good quality spas or beauty salons
2. You have to travel to receive your treatment and travel again at the end
3. Cleanliness standards can vary widely from one establishment to another
4. You may or may not find the room in which you will be massaged comfortable and to your liking. Remember, as well as cleanliness, overall ambience is incredibly important.
5. You are usually not shown any information on each therapist’s personal style and technique in advance of making your booking
6. You will most often be allocated your therapist on arrival, with no option to choose who massages you
7. Luxury spas can charge high prices and add ons like a whole Spa Day cost considerably more
For many years hotels have offered massages, either in their own purpose built spa or via an in-room massage service. The hotel provided service is usually only available to guests of the hotel so this option is only one to consider if you know you are going to be staying in a hotel whilst in London. But see below, even if you are staying in a hotel, the hotel's own massage service is not your only option.
1. Convenient if you are already staying at the hotel and remembered to book your treatment well in advance.
2. Many hotels have a luxurious feel in their spa area, so you can feel pampered before, during and after your massage.
3. Some hotels have additional services like saunas and swimming pools that you can also enjoy when booking a treatment.
1. You need to be staying at the hotel to take book
2. You usually need to make your appointment at least a day, if not more, in advance
3. You are usually allocated your therapist on arrival without the option to choose
4. You are not shown any information on your therapist personality or style in advance
5. The service can be expensive compared to the alternatives
The quickest way to check which mobile massage therapists are close to your location is to enter your postcode into our coverage checker and all the masseuses which can visit you will be displayed.